The Phillies avoided a sweep to Atlanta by squeaking by with a 1-0 win in that series finale. After dropping two straight in Colorado, they hope to salvage a game against the Rockies in the series finale Sunday.
• Like they've gone four straight games without an extra-base hit for the first time since 1968.
• Or that it's been the first time any team in baseball has done that since the expansion Marlins did it in September 1993.
• That their last extra-base hit was Domonic Brown's go-ahead three-run bomb against the Braves on Monday, which still brings back bad memories because of the ensuing ninth-inning collapse.
• That Chase Utley, Ryan Howard and Brown are a combined 2 for 23 in the series against consecutive right-handed starters. (They'll face another righty in Juan Nicasio today.)
• And, the two runs they earned in this series were actually unearned. So they've got exactly one earned run in four games.
Roberto Hernandez (1-0, 3.86) opposes Juan Nicasio (2-0, 3.50).
• John Mayberry Jr.'s name to appear on the lineup card. He's 3 for 5 off Nicasio with all doubles. The rest of the Phillies are 4 for 37 (.108) against him.
• Hernandez vs. Justin Morneau, who's 9 for 31 off the Phillies' pitcher with two doubles and three homers.
• Our weekly dose of Wil Nieves, which might actually not be a bad thing since Carlos Ruiz is 4 for 23 in his last seven games.
Happy Easter, everyone.